Purpose of collection
To enable Pearl Group Holdings to supply the User with its Products and Services and conduct our business, personal information is required from the User, which includes but is not limited to:
- billing for Products and Services;
- maintaining customer databases;
- establishing and maintaining our relationship with the User;
- improving Products and Services;
- complying with legal obligations or exercising legal rights.
Pearl Group Holdings may also use the User’s personal information for directing marketing purposes, to operate and improve the functionality of Pearl Group Holdings’ Website and Services, or for any other reasonably expected purposes.
Definition of Personal Information
“Personal information” is any information which identifies the client or individual, or can reasonably be expected to identify the client or individual. This includes, but is not limited to:
- email addresses
- dates of birth;
- telephone numbers;
- bank account details;
- geo-location, device and internet connection details, etc;
- details of the Products and Services Pearl Group Holdings has provide to the User including those the User has enquired about;
- the User’s use of Pearl Group Holdings’ website;
- credit card and banking information.
Pearl Group Holdings will not collect sensitive information such as race, religion, sexual orientation, political orientation, health status and biometrics, marital status, criminal records, or government identifiers such as tax file or Medicare numbers etc.
Collection of Personal Information
The User’s consent to collection of personal information is obtained in writing and may be obtained verbally or be implied. Collection may be:
- through Pearl Group Holdings’ Website, including uses of cookies;
- directly through completion of Pearl Group Holdings’ forms, provision during the User’s conversations and correspondence to Pearl Group Holdings, interactions with Pearl Group Holdings and advertising, and instructions from the User;
- from a third party;
- through business referrers;
- from publicly available sources.
If personal information has not been collected directly from the User, or the User is aware that the information has been disclosed to Pearl Group Holdings’ Website, including uses of cookies, Pearl Group Holdings may notify the User of the disclosure, if reasonable and practicable to do so. Any other unsolicited personal information not encompassed above will be destroyed or de-identified.
Use of Personal Information
Pearl Group Holdings may use personal information and materials to promote products and services directly to the User, via telephone, SMS, mail, email or online advertising from time to time. The User may opt out of receiving direct marketing, or any other marketing information, at any time by sending a written request to Pearl Group Holdings.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Pearl Group Holdings may disclose personal information to:
- related parties;
- business partners;
- any other party in connection with Pearl Group Holdings usual business operation;
- potential purchasers/assignees of the Pearl Group Holdings entity and/or business;
- authorised parties such as the User’s representatives;
- entities such as Courts, local, state and federal authorities, and financial institutions as required by law.
Security of Information: Pearl Group Holdings will undertake reasonable precautions to safeguard the information collected from the User against loss, modification, misuse, unauthorised access, or inadvertent disclosure. These precautions may include:
- credit card information will be encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL);
- credit card information will be stored with an AES 256 encryption;
- utilising firewalls;
- utilising virus protection software applications;
- update security measures when and if applicable;
- storage of information in both external and internal secured premises;
- restrict access to personal information;
- implement and require confidentiality agreements with contractors and third party organisations;
- de-identifying and destroying personal information when appropriate;
- follow all PCI-DSS requirements; and
- implement any additional generally accepted industry standards.
The User agrees that:
- the User will ensure that the information provided is accurate and up-to-date;
- Pearl Group Holdings may request the User advise of any changes to their personal information;
- .in certain circumstances, the User is permitted to use a pseudonym or withhold identification;
- should the User become aware that the personal information is incorrect or inaccurate, the User may request Pearl Group Holdings to correct that information. Pearl Group Holdings will reasonably endeavour to correct any such information as soon as practicable;
- the User may request access to their personal information held by Pearl Group Holdings which relates to the User at any time by sending a written request. Pearl Group Holdings will endeavour to act within 30 days of the request or as soon as practicable;
- Pearl Group Holdings may decline to release such information in circumstances where Pearl Group Holdings is prevented from releasing information due to law or legal proceedings, or in circumstances where it is not possible or impracticable, and will provide the User with its reasons for the declinature;
- if access is required to information held in archives, Pearl Group Holdings may charge the User a reasonable fee to cover such costs or likely expense of providing the requested information;
- Pearl Group Holdings may be required to retain the User’s information for a period of time, even after termination of the relationship between the User and Pearl Group Holdings.